12 Feb 2012

The Legend of Huminodun

UITM Shah Alam Graphic Design Students choose the Kadazan-Dusun folklore 'The Legend of Huminodun' as their assignment project :=)



Very good narration...but the popping sound over her voice is just too annoying. It refrains me from continue watching and listening, I have to stop after 2 minutes. I wonder what mic they use. My mic is only RM 15 and it doesn't produce such annoying popping sound.

Hopefully the illustrations above will give ideas and inspirations for the actual animation version of the tale (so those who study animation please take note ;=))

The Passing of Whitney Elizabeth Houston

I'm not sure how to react upon learning about Whitney Houston death yesterday. Frankly, even while she's still alive I have long mourned over her singing career that went haywire since the drug case became public. I call it her 'great leap backward'. The Whitney that I admired and adored is the one back in the 80's and 90's, after the year 2000...she's totally changed. When she made an attempt for a come back I expected that she'll sound as good as before but it's not the case. No matter what has taken her in recent years, no doubt she's such a huge inspirations to many singers worldwide.

I think one rare achievement of Ms. Houston is when she turned the U.S national anthem "The Star Spangled Banner" into a pop hit. For many, her live rendition during Super Bowl XXV in 1991, was just too good and deserved to be released as a commercial single. It reached Top 20 on the US Hot 100.



With that performance, it is reported that she had set a benchmark for other artists to sing the national anthem.

Most expect her only daughter, Bobbi Kristina, will continue her legacy (inherit her super voice, her mega talents) and becomes a singer. Unfortunately sometimes last year it was reported that the daughter also turned to drug! (She inherits the wrong talent or what?)

I will always cherish her singing prowess and her songs especially those produced back in the 80's and 90's.

Here are my personal Top 5 of her songs :=)

1. Greatest Love of All
2. One Moment In Time
3. Didn't We Almost Have It All
4. Where Do Broken Hearts Go
5. Saving All My Love For You, I Have Nothing and I will Always Love You (it's a tie!)

0 comments: