12 Mar 2009

AI8 - Michael Jackson menonton?

Hehe...bila Kara cakap "I hope Michael Jackson is watching now" semasa memberi komen kepada Adam Lambert saya pun bertanya "menonton kah si Michael tu?" Kalau dia menonton pun mengkali dia geleng-geleng kepala..."don't become like me kids". When I was very little I thought of no other singers but MJ. I learnt his 'Rockin Robin' and 'ABC' when I was like 7 or 8 (hehe). The person whom I think is born to be. a real singer is reported to stage his farewell concerts this year. How sad! No matter what happened and what's been reported in the media he's still on top of my list of favourite singers :). And AI has every reason to have MJ's week. This has to be my favourite AI concert and out of all the songs only Scott's number I wasn't familiar with. It looks as if the songs are made for the contestants, except for one and two perhaps, and my ranking...

Megan Joy Corkrey - Rockin Robin (surprise!...just love it)
Adam Lambert - Black or White (I hope Americans are in tune with the judges)
Danny Gokey - Pretty young Thing (black voice trapped in a white man's body...love it)
Alexis Grace - Dirty Diana
Allison Iraheta - Give In To Me
Lil Rounds - The Way You Make Me Feel
Jorge Nunez - Never Can Say Goodbye (good singing but the arrangement was lousy. He should do One Day In Your Life)
Kris Allen - Remember The Time (few apparent off notes at the end)
Matt Giraud - Human Nature
Michael Sarver - You Are Not Alone
Scott MacIntyre - Keep The Faith
Anoop Desai - Beat It (R & B and soul guy suddenly pick a rock song?..mmm..Never Can Say Goodbye in original arrangement should suit him. Pelajar peringkat master ni nampak gaya kurang bijak pilih lagu MJ. Jadi pula versi Weird Al-Yankovic "Eat It")
Jasmine Murray - I'll Be There (the most unsoulful ebony contestant I've ever heard...lagu pun khas untuk remaja-remaja berangan popular yang mengenali MJ through other singer)

Unfortunately no one sings this song, maybe it's all about a rat named Ben (Anoop should sing it..or )


0 comments: